Alert! The school will start on June 28 with the registration and a welcome aperitif.
Riva del Garda, Italy
The aim of the school is to illustrate principles, methodologies and most recent applications of neutron detection technologies. In particular, the school deals with neutron-matter interaction principles suitable to neutron detection, materials for neutron detectors, signal processing, Monte Carlo simulation codes and interdisciplinary applications of neutrons.
The school is addressed to PhD Students, Post-doc and young researchers with backgrounds in Engineering and Physics.
- Neutron interaction with materials.
- Physics of neutron detectors.
- Material for neutron detection.
- Monte Carlo simulation.
- Gas detectors for neutrons.
- Neutron sources.
- Application of neutron detectors.
- Marco Durante (TIFPA - Trento)
- Ralf Engels (Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany)
- Alfredo Ferrari (CERN, Switzerland)
- Bruno Guerard (Institute Laue-Langevin, France)
- Richard Hall-Wilton (European Spallation Source, Lund, Sweden)
- Jason Hayward (University of Tennessee and ORNL, USA)
- Gregor Kramberger (Josef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Marek Moszynski (National Centre for Nuclear Research, Poland)
- Stanislav Pospisil (Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic)
- Peter Schillebeeckx (EC-JRC-IRMM, Belgium)
- Paul Schotanus (Scionix, Netherlands)
- Marco Tardocchi (IFP-CNR, Milano)
- Marco Durante
- Alberto Quaranta
- Gian Franco Dalla Betta
Contributors (preliminary list):
The school is kindly supported by:
- TIFPA – INFN
- Department of Industrial Engineering – University of Trento
- 5th INFN commission (GV)
- CAEN Spa
Poster and oral presentation:
PhD students and Post-Docs are invited to present a poster with a short oral introduction during a dedicated session of the school. Please note that, if you intend to do it but your abstract is not yet ready, you can submit your registration and contact the scientific committee, informing that your work will be sent as soon as possible.
For scientific matters:
NDRA2016 [at] unitn.it
Senior researchers Euro 375 (after June 1st Euro 450)
Students Euro 275 (after June 1st Euro 350)
The fees cover the participation to the school, the participant's kit, the coffee breaks, the lunches and the social dinner.
A maximum of 60 registrations will be accepted. People who intend to join the school can preliminary contact the organizing committee.
The school will be held at Astoria Park Hotel, please note that the fee does not include accommodation and you should contact directly the hotel.