Registration to the event is mandatory and free of charge. The registration deadline is 3rd of November.
Students are invited to present posters during the poster session.
Coffee breaks will be available to all registered participants.
Aim of the Workshop
The workshop aims to connect different fields where photonics is the key enabling technology. Photonics-the "Science-and-Technology-to-Harness-Light"-is a discipline that involves fundamental research of photons, of light-matter interactions, and the development of novel technologies and applications based on the unique properties of light. Photonics plays the role of a chain among biology, chemistry, microelectronics and microsystems for various life-important applications as biosensing, telecommunication, and security.
The workshop is dedicated to the first anniversary of the SPIE Student Chapter of the University of Trento. The chapter was established on 28th October, 2016 and included 20 students from different faculties of the University of Trento shortly afterwards. The goal of the SPIE Student Chapter of the University of Trento has revolved around creating a strong community of young researchers from various fields concerning photonics. During the workshop, the invited speakers from the University of Trento and Fondazione Bruno Kessler, as well as Prof. Andrea Armani from the University of Southern California, will present the activities carried out in their research groups and the students will present their research at a poster session.
- Andrea Armani (University of Southern California, Viterbi School of Engineering, Armani Research Lab)
- Lorenzo Pavesi (University of Trento, Department of Physics, NanoScience Laboratory)
- Gian Franco Dalla Betta (University of Trento, Department of Industrial Engineering)
- Mher Ghulinyan (Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Center for Materials and Microsystems)
- Andrea Chiappini (CNR-IFN Trento)
- Cristina Potrich (Fondazione Bruno Kessler, LABSSAH)
- Andrea Adami (Fondazione Bruno Kessler, MicroSystems Technology)
- Lucio Pancheri (University of Trento, Department of Industrial Engineering)
- Albrecht Haase (University of Trento, Department of Physics, Neurophysics Group)
- Massimo Borghi (University of Trento, Department of Physics, NanoScience Laboratory)
Tatevik Chalyan: tatevik.chalyan [at] unitn.it
Tatsiana Yatskevich: tatsiana.yatskevich [at] unitn.it (tatsiana.yatskevich.unitn.it)