Venue: Department of Sociology and Social Research, via Verdi, 26 - Trento
Welcome Cocktail on Wednesday November 4th from 5.30 to 7.30 p.m. at the courtyard of the Dep. of Sociology
The Conference will start at 8.00 a.m. (registration), 8.30 a.m. (welcome) on Thursday November 5th.
The Conference will end at 6.30 p.m. on Saturday November 7th.
Anticipation is coming to the fore as an emerging field of study that is influencing a wide variety of disciplines.
This international conference will explore the interaction among anticipation, uncertainty and complexity.
Some questions that we intend to raise are these: When does anticipation occur in behavior and life? What types of anticipation can be distinguished? What structures and processes are necessary for anticipatory action? How can anticipation be modeled?
A better and more complete understanding of anticipation and its effects will improve theories and models of individual and collective human behavior and its consequences.
The ability to anticipate in complex environments may improve the resilience of societies facing threats from a global proliferation of agents and forces by articulating uncertainties through anticipatory processes.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Anticipation in the human and social sciences;
- Anticipation and decision-making;
- Anticipation and global social challenges;
- Anticipatory governance and the resilience of societies;
- Anticipation and Futures Studies;
- Anticipation in fiction, the arts, design and gaming;
- Modeling anticipation.
The Conference's Program Committee invites proposals for sessions to be held in conjunction with the main conference.
Further information is available from http://www.projectanticipation.org, the website of the UNESCO Chair in Anticipatory Systems.
Recognising the importance of Anticipation, Special Issues of the Journals Axiomathes, Cadmus, European Journal of Futures Research, and Futures will be published from peer reviewed conference contributions.
- Early registration (before 1 September 2015): € 150
- Late registration (from 1 September 2015): € 200
- Deadline for individual abstracts: 15 June 2015
- Final Program: 30 June 2015
- Early registration: Before 1 September 2015
- Deadline registration: 20 October 2015
- Conference: 5-7 November 2015
With the sponsorship of Trento Municipality