Protection of intellectual property: patents for software and industrial inventions
The first part of the webinar will cover the following topics:
- industrial property and the regulatory framework;
- requirements governing the validity of patents for industrial inventions;
- an introduction to the European patent system, the PCT (international patent application) and the right of priority;
- what is a utility model and what requirements apply for it to be valid;
- legal actions in case of design right infringement.
The second part of the webinar will focus on software protection, and in particular on applicable requirements, the differences and advantages and disadvantages of protecting it by patent or copyright.
The speaker will take questions from the participants at the end of each part..
Duration and language:
The webinar will last about 90 minutes and will be held in Italian.
- Andrea Castaldo (IP consultant, Studio A.Bre.Mar)