SHIFT Summer School 2023
The Next generation of functional materials in TERM School will be organized by the BIOtech Research Center of the University of Trento, Department of Industrial Engineering, as part of the SHIFT (Shaping Innovative Products for Sustainable Tissue Engineering Strategies) project. The project is the follow up of the MSCA (Marie Skłodowska-Curie)-RISE REMIX and is a research and mobility project funded by the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
The multidisciplinary school aims to illustrate recent findings on biopolymers, sustainability, green chemistry, innovative thinking, process optimization and discuss how this could innovate Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine applications.
The school is designed for early researchers, such as PhD students and Post-Docs, with a background in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Medicine. Master students are also welcomed to attend the school.
We are looking forward to seeing you in September in Trento!
- Natural Derived Materials for TERM biomaterials
- Sustainable processing for biofabrication (including AI-in silico models approaches)
- Tissues, organs and systems on-chip design and biofabrication
- Pre-clinical models
- Standards and regulations
- Gino Gerosa - Policlinico Universitario, Padova, Italy
- Rui L. Reis - University of Minho (Braga, Portugal)
- Elizabeth Rosado Balmayor - University Hospital RWTH (Aachen, Germany)
- Giancarlo Forte - St. Anne's University Hospital (Brno, Czech Republic)and King’s College London (London, United Kingdom)
- Shlomzion Shen - Seevix (Israel)
- Alicia El Haj - University of Birmingham (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
- Busra Fauzi - Universiti Kebangsaan (Bangi, Malaysia)
- Michael Monaghan - Trinity College Dublin (Dublin, Ireland)
- Paolo Netti - University of Naples (Naples, Italy)
- Nuno M. Neves - University of Minho (Braga, Portugal)
- Gilson Khang - Jeonbuk National University (Jeonju, South Korea)
- Francesco Grassi – IOR (Bologna, Italy)
- Luca Mion - Hub Trentino Innovation (Trento, Italy)
- Davide Ederle - Hub Trentino Innovation (Trento, Italy)
- Utkan Demirci - Stanford University (Stanford, United States of America)
- Carlos Mota - Maastricht University (Maastricht, Netherlands)
- Gozde Durmus - Stanford University (Stanford, United States of America)
- Tony Metcalfe, University of Birmingham (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
- Luca Tiberi - University of Trento (Trento, Italy)
- Martijn Van Griensven - Maastricht University (Maastricht, Netherlands)
- Miguel Alaminos - University of Granada (Granada, Spain)
- Annalisa Tirella - University of Trento (Trento, Italy)
- Devid Maniglio - University of Trento (Trento, Italy)
- Claudio Migliaresi
- Antonella Motta
- Devid Maniglio
- Annalisa Tirella
- Ilaria Corridori
Registration and fees
Participants must register before September 1 through the online form. The maximum number of participants is provisionally set to 45.
Registration fee for participants is set at € 300 (€ 250 for TERMIS, GNB, SHIFT or Life4HUB members,150€ for Master’s students) and comprises participation to the school, lunches, coffee breaks and social dinner.
The Summer School is organized in the building of the SOI-School Of Innovation of the University of Trento, via Tommaso Garr 16/2. You can find directions here!
Poster and oral presentation
Participants are invited to send an email to the school address with a half-a-page abstract for a poster presentation using the form available at the bottom of the page. 20 of them will be selected for a 3 minutes fire presentation (1 slide). A panel of experts will assign prices for best posters and speed-fire talks.