Course Negotiation and conflict management
General objectives of the course
To understand assertiveness and analyze some conflict management methods, focusing on the relationship between the ability to achieve one's goals and managing relationships with others.
Skills to be acquired
Applying negotiation and conflict management methods and techniques to handle complex and conflictual situations in academic and personal life, promoting constructive communication and collaborative solutions.
- Definition of negotiation and conflict
- Personal preparation for negotiation
- Analysis of interests and positions of the parties involved
- Identification of alternatives
- Management of emotional impacts and tensions
- Win-win approach, collaboration, and building positive relationships
- Handling the positive "no"
theory, self and peer assessment, simulations, and exercises, including interactive game-based software.
Time: 9.00 - 13.00
The meeting is conducted in English and through Zoom Platform: in the virtual classroom is required to have active video and the possibility to use audio.
Participants must connect using a computer and be able to have access to a mobile phone for some activities.
Registered participants will receive an email one day or two before the event containing the link to complete the assessment and credentials to access the Zoom room. We ask those who are unable to attend to notify us of their absence.
All scheduled events and training seminars are available on our calendar.