Futures Literacy and Foundations of Futures Studies
Venue and Time
Department of Sociology And Social Research - University Of Trento -
October 2022, from Monday 10 till Friday 14; from 9.00 am till 5.00 pm each day
The winter school is organized by the UNESCO Chair in Anticipatory Systems, the research group FLAT-Futures Literacy and Anticipation Theory, the project TAGS-Towards and Anticipatory Governance System
Kwamou Eva Feukeu - Futures Literacy Project Officer at UNESCO, Paris
Anticipatory assumptions in decision-making. Case-based Futures Literacy theory: system reproduction
- Case-based Futures Literacy theory: system reproduction
- Futures Literacy design principles
- Futures Literacy process simulation
- Reframing the imagination
Roumiana Gotseva - Founder and Managing Director of the Center for Strategic Foresight - Sofia BG
Reading Chance Aloud: Futures Literacy as a Capacity for Decolonizing Futures (and Divination)
- Futures Literacy and the ontological turn: critical post-humanisms, new materialisms and post-anthropocentrism
- Speculative temporalities for worlds-to-come
- Anticipation for emergence: being worthy of our times
- Collective imaginings: positive difference, negative capability, and the making of kin.
Riel Miller - Former Head of Foresight and Futures Literacy, UNESCO, Paris
Living Complexity by Distinguishing Perception and Choice, Repetition and Difference
- Exploring the Futures Literacy Framework (FLF) - Anticipation and Imagination
- Detecting and Inventing Anticipatory Assumptions - Generating Evidence of the Relevance of the FLF
- Origins and Sources of Imagined Futures - Framing, Narrative and Anticipatory Systems and Processes
- Futures Literacy in Practice - Exploring Impacts and Design Principles
Roberto Poli - UNESCO Chair in Anticipatory Systems, University of Trento
Through the looking glass: a fourfold introduction to FL and FS.
- From below: the novelty of strategic foresight
- From above: learning to distinguish between complicated and complex issues
- From the middle: FL for managers
- From the middle: FL for public officials
Enrolment & Fees
The enrollment process is now closed.
We received a very positive response to the enrollment process; we like to communicate we already reached the 30-Participant maximum number, we also completed the 10-Participant Waiting List. Threfore we cannot accept any more Participants at the moment.
- To enrol, complete this Form; you will receive a confirmation email and the payment instructions.
- The fees amounts to 300€ and it includes classes, lectures, learning materials and two daily coffee breaks
- Travel and hotel expenses will be borne by the participant
- The Social dinner and touristic visits are not included in the fees.
- IMPORTANT: Availability is limited to 30 participants.
- "First come,first served" rule applies.
In order to ensure your participation to the Winter School, when receiving the email with registration-confirmation, please follow the instructions and complete the process by paying the fees as soon as possible. The process is concluded only after the payment is received.
- There will be a 5-participant waiting list, in case of last-minute withdrawal.
- Fees are not refundable; exceptions can be made for unforseeable events.
- Everyone will be notified as soon as possible of their position in the participants list.
Deadlines: Enrolment + Fees payment from 03 March till 19 Septembre, 2022
Travel & Hotels
- The Department of Sociology And Social Research is located in the center of Trento, in Via Verdi 26
- Further information about how to reach Trento if you arrive via airplane, car, train, etc. can be found here
- Information regarding Hotels ect. can be found here
Department of Sociology and Social Research
University of Trento
Via Verdi 26 - 38122 Trento Italy
Tel: + 39 0461 281363
E-mail: sara.formaggio [at] unitn.it