Room 108 - via T. Gar, 14 - Trento
The event discusses the issues concerning global food security from a multidisciplinary perspective. Special attention will be paid to climatic, environmental, economic and social aspects affecting food production and consumption around the world.
- 14:15-14:30 Introduction - Stefano Schiavo (University of Trento)
- 14:30-15:00 The challenge of food security: the role of population growth, climate change, and food trade - Francesco Laio (Politecnico di Torino)
- 15:00-15:30 Monitoring global food security - Piero Conforti (FAO)
- 15:30-16:00 The pathway towards more sustainable diets - Luca Ruini (Barilla Foundation - Barilla Center for Food and Nutrition)
- 16:00-16:30 Discussion and concluding remarks
Prof. Stefano Schiavo
Dott.ssa Martina Sartori (martina.sartori [at] lett.unitn.it)
The event is organized with the financial support of the projects: ViWaN - The global VIrtual WAter Network: social, economic, and environmental implications, funded by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (FIRB - RBFR12BA3Y); and CLIMAWARE - CLIMatic change impacts on future Availability of WAter REsources and hydro-geological risks, funded by the University of Trento.