The University of Trento offers its students the wonderful opportunity of volunteering for the Napoli 2019 Summer Universiade, a huge sport event.
The Summer Universiade, that is the University Olympic Games, will take place in Naples from 3 to 14 July 2019; it is the second largest and most participated sport event after the Summer Olympics, with many disciplines and university student athletes from all over of the world.
The setting of the 2019 Summer Universiade is one of the most ancient and famous cities in the world, in one of Italy's most welcoming regions: Napoli and Campania, which with their culture, energy and openness will provide the perfect location and promote the essence of sports and its values.
The Universiade is organized by FISU, the International University Sports Federation, every two years in a different city. The Winter Universiade was held in Trentino in 2013, with the University of Trento among the key organizers.
- be at least 18 years old on 1 April 2019 (there is no maximum age)
- hold Italian or European citizenship (non-European citizens must hold a temporary residence permit to stay in Italy)
- commit at least 5 shifts, 6-8 hours per shift (most shifts are between 3 and 14 July, but some may take place before 3 July)
- attend the training programme
- be able to commute and find accommodation in Campania, unless otherwise noted
How to apply
Applications must be submitted through the online application form.
At the time of registration, applicants are required to use the "ASSVOL001" code so that their name is associated to UNISPORT ITALIA – a network of 42 Italian universities, of which UniTrento is a member, whose purpose is to enhance the potential of university sport as a driver for education, research, innovation and for a better university experience.
Benefits for all volunteers
The list of volunteer benefits includes:
- Napoli 2019 official uniform
- Daily allowance (25 euro)
- Lunch box on every shift worked
- Free public transport to place of work
- Training on sport event management
- Certificate of participation
Benefits for UniTrento students
The University of Trento believes that volunteerism for this sport event is a great socialization and training opportunity, therefore it will provide a further benefit to its students, and namely:
- the reimbursement of travel expenses up to 250 euro
To apply for reimbursement:
The University will reimburse travel expenses up to maximum 250 euro per person.
- To obtain the reimbursement of travel expenses, volunteers are required to notify sport [at] unitn.it the PDF confirming that their volunteer application has been accepted (visit the website of the Napoli 2019 Summer Universiade for more information)
- Only the first 20 applicants will receive the reimbursement of travel expenses, in order of registration on the website of the Napoli 2019 Summer Universiade
- Upon conclusion of the event, students are required to complete and submit their reimbursement application, together with:
- a certificate of participation issued by the organizers of the Napoli 2019 Summer Universiade
- the travel ticket (with payment receipt).