The Center for Mind/Brain Sciences – CIMeC at the University of Trento (Italy) welcomes expressions of interest from excellent postdoctoral researchers to apply, jointly with a research supervisor from CIMeC, to the European Commission Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship.
Selected candidates will be offered both academic and administrative support from CIMeC faculty and the University of Trento Research Office with regards to the proposal development.
Moreover, MSCA applicants having chosen as host institution the University of Trento may participate in two additional selections. Applicants that have been awarded the Seal of Excellence (projects which were judged to deserve funding but did not get it due to budget limits) may apply for a 1-year fellowship targeted to improve and re-submit the proposal. Moreover, researchers that have successfully completed their MSCA fellowship may apply for a year of extra funding.
Express your interest as soon as possible – and anyway no later than June 14th 2019
The Marie Skłodowska Curie Action
The Marie Skłodowska Curie Action is a funding scheme that supports researchers mobility: Individual Fellowships – European Fellowships may last 12-24 months involving a research project, advanced training and knowledge exchange at the host institution (CIMeC). It offers a competitive salary, mobility and family allowances plus a budget for research and training costs.
Applicants are expected to have an excellent CV and a strong publication record.
At the date of the call deadline (September 11th 2019) the researcher must:
- be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience;
- have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation (Italy) for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline (11 September 2019).
For the specific eligibility criteria of Reintegration and CAR Panels, please see MSCA Work Programme 2018-2020 and the MSCA Guide for Applicant 2019.
For further information please see:
See details on the funding scheme and the application process.
Application to the EOIat CIMeC:
If an eligible candidate is interested in applying to the European Commission Marie Skłodowska-CurieIndividual Fellowship with a University of Trento supervisor, here are the key steps:
by June 14th 2019 express your interest by sending:
- the Research group/principal investigator identified as of interest;
- the application formduly filled in and signed(it must contain the 2 pages proposal description);
- a CV (max. 2 pages plus full list of publications);
- a copy of the valid ID or passport of the applicant.
Submit your candidature to the cimec [at] unitn.it (subject: application%20form%20MSCA) (dedicated address):
● selected applicants will be notified by July5th and invited to prepare their full proposal in collaboration with a supervisor at CIMeC;
● CIMeC will organize a 2-day training session dedicated to Marie Skłodowska Curie Candidates in July (about 16th-17th)with the possibility to discuss the details of the proposal and meet the supervisor;
● a complete draft of the application has to be prepared by July 29th 2019;
● the final version of the project MUST be ready by August 30th, 2019 otherwise CIMeC reserves the right to withdraw its support to the proposal.
The Center for Mind/Brain Sciences - CIMeC
The Center for Mind/Brain Sciences - CIMeC was established in 2007 at the University of Trento and is an interdisciplinary research and teaching center. The CIMeC has been ranked as the leading Cognitive Neuroscience research unit in Italy. The CIMeC is responsible for a Master’s and Ph.D. program and enjoys success in placement of graduates of both programs. CIMeC researchers are strongly embedded in the local community, presenting ongoing work as well as background lectures in diverse occasions throughout the year. The CIMeC is organized in five formal structures (see Laboratories link) that manage animal, behavioural, neuroimaging, computational modelling work and neuropsychology. The neuroimaging facilities are located near Trento, whereas teaching and other Laboratories are located in Rovereto (20 km south of Trento).
CIMeC’s researchers study brain organization via the analysis of its functional, structural and physiological characteristics, in both normal and pathological conditions. Top-of the line instrumentation includes fMRI, MEG, EEG, fNIRS, rTMS, tES and eye tracking solutions, as well as systems for studying kinematics. In addition, the Center for Neurocognitive Rehabilitation specializes in the study and rehabilitation of neuropsychological cases.
Research groups at CIMeC revolve around interdisciplinary laboratories and research areas. The following groups welcome Marie Skłodowska Curie Individual Fellowship:
- Action Recognition and Concepts Lab (ArcLab) | WURM Moritz
- Animal Brain and Cognition Group - ABC group | VALLORTIGARA Giorgio
- Attention, Learning and Motivation Group | TURATTO Massimo
- Attention Networks Group | BALDAUF Daniel
- Attention, Perception and Aging Group | MAZZA Veronica
- Brain and Language Group | TETTAMANTI Marco
- Cognition Across the Senses - CATS | PAVANI Francesco
- Cognition Neurostimulation & Connectivity - CoN&Co | MINIUSSI Carlo
- Cognitive Neuroscience of Language Group | MICELI Gabriele
- Fairlab Group | FAIRHALL Scott
- FISH Group | SOVRANO Valeria Anna
- Information and Integration lab | HASSON Uri
- Language and Vision Group - LaVi | BERNARDI Raffaella
- Linguistics in Cognition Group - LiCo | ZAMPARELLI Roberto
- Molecular and Cellular Cognition - mc² Group | SGADÒ Paola
- Motor Control Group | TURELLA Luca
- MRI Methods Group | JOVICICH Jorge
- Multisensory Research Group | ZAMPINI Massimiliano
- Neurobiology of Comparative Cognition Group | MAYER Uwe
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders Research Group - NDR | BOZZI Yuri
- Neurophysics Group | HAASE Albrecht
- Neuropsychological deficits in brain-damaged patients Group | PAPAGNO Costanza
- Perception to Concepts Group - Per2Con | PIAZZA Manuela
- Reasoning and Decision Group - RAD | TENTORI Katya