The call for the Best PhD Thesis Award promoted by the Italian Association for Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (CVPL), is now open.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants
PhD students who have discussed their doctoral thesis, in Italy or abroad, in the last two years. The candidates must send an e-mail to the CVPL segreteria [at] cvpl.it (Secretariat) with the following information:
- Name and surname;
- title of the dissertation;
- advisor's name;
- university/Institution that issued the Phd degree;
- date of dissertation;
- grade obtained (if present) or judgement of the committee;
- keywords (max 5);
- short report on the thesis in English highlighting motivations and results (max 2 pages);
- list of publications (and / or patents) related to or derived directly from the PhD thesis, even after the dissertation, as long as is explicitly mentioned in the thesis;
- an electronic copy (in .pdf format or persistent link) of the thesis;
- an electronic copy (in .pdf format or persistent link) of the evaluation report by the final exam committee.
In order to facilitate the work of the Commission, please send a link from Google Drive to the aforementioned address with all the documentation.
The prize is 1,000 euros; the winner will also benefit from a two-year free association to CVPL.
Submission deadline: July 15, 2018
For more information: Best PhD Thesis Award (available just in italian)