The Fulbright Commission for Cultural Exchanges between Italy and the United States has published competition notices that offer students, researchers and teachers with Italian citizenship the opportunity to carry out a period of:
- study (Master, MBA, and PhD) - deadline 5/12/2022
- research (for research projects) - deadline 03/02/2023
- Distinguished Lecturer - deadline 28/02/2023
at an American university during the 2023/2024 academic year.
Two Fulbright online information sessions are scheduled for Thursday 20 October (registration needed):
from 14.00 to 15.00, aimed at students enrolled in master's degree courses or in the last year of a three-year or single-cycle degree, of all the Departments and Centers of the University to illustrate the study opportunities - Registration link
- from 15.30 to 16.30 addressed to professors, researchers, post-docs, research fellows and doctoral students interested in carrying out research or teaching activities - Registration link
An exponent of the Fulbright Commission will illustrate the competition notices, the participation requirements, how to apply to universities in the USA, and will answer all the questions regarding the many possibilities presented.
For the study and research categories, the free "Fulbright Mentoring" consultancy service is also available, where former fellows are available to help candidates complete the online application.
The list of fellows is public and can be consulted on the web page of each call.
The news compared to past editions:
Category PhD students:
- Fulbright-ENEL Foundation in Climate Change: Climate change with a specific focus on downscaling climate modeling, socio-economical risk analysis, and technical solutions for energy infrastructures (interdisciplinary) - deadline 5/12/2022
- Amb. Egidio Ortona in Political Science / International Relations - deadline 5/12/2022
- Fulbright-NIAF-Georgetown in Education in Education at the Center for Child and Human Development of Georgetown University to explore issues related to Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - ADHD in early childhood - deadline 03/03/2023
- Fulbright- Florida Polytechnic University in Egineering in the field of: computer science, computer engineering, data science, electrical engineering, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, and autonomous vehicles - deadline 3/02/2023
The Fulbright Program, active in Italy since 1948, is operating in 155 countries, also provides the possibility for UniTrento teachers to invite US Fulbright professors and specialists to:
- periods of two or three days (Fulbright Inter-Country Lecturer Program)
- up to a maximum of six weeks (Fulbright Specialist Program)
Details on programs, calls, deadlines and testimonials from Fubright fellows, in the Useful Links section.
Fulbright Commission for Cultural Exchanges between Italy and the United States