Introducing Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
- Claudio Barbaranelli, Sapienza Università di Roma
Scientific Coordinator: Barbara Treccani
The course is a short and non-technical introduction to Structural Equation Modeling (SEM). The course will present the following topics:
- Components of SEM
- Basic assumptions and mathematical models
- Statistical assumptions
- Phases of the SEM
- The MPLUS software: from Confirmatory Factor Analysis to Full SEM
Claudio Barbaranelli, PhD in Personality and Social Psychology, is full professor of Psychometry at the Sapienza University of Rome, Department of Psychology, Faculty of Medicine and Psychology.
- structural equation modeling;
- longitudinal research;
- measurement invariance;
- reliability, internal coherence and factorial models;
- implicit measurement.
Substantive areas of interests:
- work stress with particular focus on Counterproductive Work Behaviors and on the Stressor Emotion model;
- safety and security in the workplace, with particular focus of safety climate, safety performance and safety outcomes;
- social cognitive theory with particular reference to self-efficacy and moral disengagement;
- personality structure and measurement.