Venue: Polo Ferrari 1, via Sommarive 5 (Povo) – Room A103
Hour: 13.30 - 14.30
- Luca Nardecchia, Thales Alenia Space
- Enrico Varriale, Thales Alenia Space
The goal of Thales Alenia Space presentation is to share with students the industrial context and the business domains of its activities and products with a short overview of Thales Alenia Space positioning within Thales corporate.
After a short summary of main business and technological domain, we will present to students three representative activities and in particular:
An overview of two Research and Development activities developed also though cooperation with University of Trento
- An autonomous navigation system based on UWB wireless sensor network
- An autonomous formation flying solution to create clusters of small autonomously cooperating satellites
An overview of an End-to-End and System industrial approach for Earth Observation Missions, including
- Mission and System Definition from user needs
- System Architecture of Earth Observation Space Missions, including Space Segment and Ground Segment
- End-to-End Chain of User Image requests: functional steps through the System from user request of an image to reception of the final product.
For more information, please contact comm.disi [at] unitn.it