The School and the Workshop will take place at:
Fondazione Bruno Kessler-IRST
via Sommarive, 18
38050 Povo (Trento) - Italy
M. Campana (Université de Lorraine – Fr)
P. Corvaja (Università degli studi di Udine – It)
A. Turchet (University of Washington – USA)
Aim of the School
The School is mainly aimed to PhD students and young researchers in Algebraic Geometry, introducing the participants to research, beginning from a basic level with a view towards the applications and to the most recent results. A tentative program is as follows.
- Special manifolds: first definition by absence of Bogomolov sheaves of differentials. Examples. Conjectures. Specialness vs Weak-specialness.
- Orbifold pairs and their invariants. Multiple fibres. Orbifold base of a fibration. Bijection between Bogomolov sheaves and fibrations with orbifold base of general type. Special manifolds: second definition by absence of fibrations of general type.
- The orbifold version of Iitaka's Conjecture Cn,m. Solution when the orbifold base is of general type. The Core map c, its field of definition. Its conditional decomposition as c=(Jor)n. Extension of Lang-Vojta's conjectures for arbitrary smooth projective orbifolds
- Mordell conjecture: orbifold version. Hyperbolic analogue via Nevanlinna theory. Solution of Lang's conjectures for some simply-connected surfaces. Examples of Weakly-special, but non special threefolds. Description of their Kobayashi pseudometric.
- The fundamental group. Abelianity conjecture. Solution for linear representations. Solution under existence of a Zariski dense entire curve (after K. Yamanoi). Potential Hilbert Property and specialness. Hyperbolic analogue (after Corvaja-Zannier).
- Rational and integral points. Different notions of integrality, examples.
- Lang-Vojta conjectures, Siegel's and Faltings' Theorems. Algebraic groups, S-unit equations.
- Heights, Vojta's Main Conjecture. Campana's conjecture, abc conjecture.
- Diophantine approximation, the Subspace Theorem. Proof of the S-unit equation theorem.
- Integral points on curves; a proof of Siegel's theorem. Some applications to algebraic surfaces.
Aim of Workshop
The Workshop is intended to discuss the state of the art. Up to now the following speakers have confirmed their participation: E. Amerik, A. Cadoret, E. Rousseau, J. Winkelmann.
People interested in delivering a short communication are kindly requested to submit the title and an abstract within July 9th to geometryschool2019 [at] gmail.com
The School will start on Monday 16th at 13.00 and it will end on Friday 20th at 13.00. Workshop will start on Friday 20th at 14.30 and it will end on Saturday 21st at 14.00. On Friday evening a social dinner open to the participants of the School/Workshop will be organized.
Financial supports for Participants
There are some grants covering lodging expenses in double rooms for young participants. Applicants must fill in the online application form before July, 1st. The organizing committee will examine the applications and will send out notifications of acceptance by July 14th.
Participants who do not require financial support are expected to fill in the on line registration form before July 29th.
- Cristiana Bertolin (Università di Torino)
- Gianfranco Casnati (Politecnico di Torino)
- Federica Galluzzi (Università di Torino)
- Roberto Notari (Politecnico di Milano)
- Francesco Vaccarino (Politecnico di Torino)