The cycle “Doc in Progress” consists of a series of meetings with dissemination purposes.
The speakers are chosen from among currently PhD students, as the name suggests, in Mathematics or related fields. The main aim of the project is the creations of the chance to meet other PhD students in order to offer opportunities for dialogue and possible future collaborations.
> To participate in the events, please contact sara.sottile [at] unitn.it (subject: Doc%20in%20Progress) (Sara Sottile) using an institutional e-mail address
May 6, 2021 - 3.00 p.m.
- Federico Bertacco, PhD in Mathematics, Imperial College London
The Allen-Cahn equation, in the stochastic setting, has mainly been studied using the so-called polynomial potential. Such potential is certainly easy to handle from a mathematical point of view, however, it is only an approximation of the more thermodynamically consistent logarithmic potential. During this talk, I will give a brief introduction to the variational approach to stochastic PDEs. I will then introduce the stochastic Allen-Cahn equation with logarithmic potential. Finally, I will prove the existence and uniqueness of a variational solution to this equation by exploiting a Yosida regularization and by choosing a suitable form of multiplicative noise. This talk is based on my master’s thesis.
- April 22, 2021 - Varieties with a bandwidth 2 C*-action: (open) questions & (some) answers, Alberto Franceschini, PhD in Mathematics, University of Trento
- April 8, 2021 - Order-preserving isomorphisms between algebras of pseudo-differential operators: Overview and the SG case, Alessandro Contini, PhD in Mathematics, Leibniz Universität Hannover
- March 25, 2021 - Comparing geometry through monotonicity formulas, Luca Benatti, PhD in Mathematics, University of Trento
- March 4, 2021 - Compatibility of t-structures in a semiorthogonal decomposition, Antonio Lorenzin, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Milano-Bicocca
- February 11, 2021 - Rectifiable measures: a local-to-global adventure tailored for Carnot groups, Gioacchino Antonelli, PhD Student in Mathematics, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
- January 14, 2021 - A case study of proof mining in analysis, Franziskus Wolfgang Josef Wiesnet, University of Trento - University of Verona, PhD Student in Mathematics
- December 17, 2020 - Symmetrizations on smooth and singular spaces, Mattia Vedovato, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Trento
- November 26, 2020 - Asymptotic equivalence of two strict deformation quantizations and applications to the classical limit, Christiaan Van De Ven, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Trento
- October 29, 2020 - Groups of automorphisms of trees, Elena Di Domenico, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Trento - University of the Basque Country
- May 29, 2020 - Normal modes: a jump from linear to nonlinear, Sara Galasso, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Padova
- May 7, 2020 - A strange space with wormholes, Marco Capolli, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Trento
- February 13, 2020 - Enumerative combinatorics of pattern posets, Matteo Cervetti, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Trento
- December 12, 2019 - Everything you always wanted to know about Whitney forms*. *but were afraid to ask, Ludovico Bruni Bruno, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Trento
- November 14, 2019 - Maximal and Typical topology of Real Polynomial Singularities, Michele Stecconi, PhD Student in Mathematics, Scuola Superiore di Studi Avanzati – SISSA
- October 29, 2019 - An Introduction to Varifold Geometry and Applications, Marco Pozzetta, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Pisa
- October 3, 2019 - The Inverse Mean Curvature Flow: from Geometric Analysis to General Relativity, Mattia Fogagnolo, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Trento
- September 11, 2019 - An introduction to Geometric Singular Perturbation Theory, Mattia Sensi, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Trento
- July 11, 2019 - The Waring’s Heritage, Daniele Taufer, PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Trento
- June 27, 2019 - Obstacle problems in linearized elasticity, Paolo Piersanti, PhD Student in Mathematics, City University of Hong Kong