Venues: - from 9am till 4pm at Sala "Luigi Stringa"
- from 4pm till 7pm at FBK Open Space EIT Ed. Nord 1st floor
Registration to the event is mandatory and free of charge, please see the form. The registration deadline is November 12.
Aim of the Workshop
Photonics studies photons and their interaction with matter, both in terms of fundamental and applied research. The aim of this science is the understanding of the phenomena ruling the behaviour of photons, in order to boost the development of novel technologies and applications based on light. In this sense, photonics is a key enabling technology, with its central role in many fields of science, ranging from remote sensing to engineering, from telecommunication to biology.
This workshop, at its second edition, aims at bringing together experts, belonging to local research realities, who exploit optics and photonics in their scientific work. This is the opportunity to share knowledge in order to further develop research and collaborations, as well as to improve our understanding of photonics and its applications.
The main organizer is the SPIE Student Chapter of the University of Trento, a community of students belonging to different fields of science involving photonics. Other two co-organizers are University of Trento and Bruno Kessler Foundation. During the workshop, open to researchers and students, the invited speakers will talk about their scientific activities, and the students will present their research at the poster session.
- Marco Canossa, CIBIO, University of Trento
- Tatevik Chalyan, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Mher Ghulinyan, Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Alessandro Gozzi, CNCS_@_UniTn, Italian Institute of Technology
- Giulio Monaco, Department of Physics, University of Trento
- Giacomo Olivieri, Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science, University of Trento
- Claudia Parisi, Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science, University of Trento
- Lorenzo Pavesi, Department of Physics, University of Trento
- Matteo Perenzoni, Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- Antonio Perreca, Department of Physics, University of Trento
Students are invited to present posters during the poster session.
Coffee breaks will be available to all registered participants.
claudio.castellan [at] unitn.it (Claudio Castellan)
stefano.signorini-1 [at] unitn.it (Stefano Signorini)
tatsiana.egorova [at] unitn.it (Tatsiana Egorova)