The Euregio Economics Workshop is an annual meeting that brings together researchers from the Universities of Innsbruck, Bozen-Bolzano, and Trento (Europaregion/Euregio).
This year the event takes place in Trento, following previous meetings in Bolzano-Bozen and Innsbruck.
Main goal of the event is to promote cooperation among researchers of the Euregio area, in the spirit of the Alpbach European Forum of 2013. The workshop is organized thanks to the support of the Euregio Mobility Fund.
All participants, also those just attending the workshop, are kindly asked to register by filling in this form.
The venue of the conference is the Sala Conferenze of the Department of Economics and Management of the University of Trento.
April 4, Thursday
17:30 - 18:30 Keynote speech
Lorenzo Casaburi (UZH): Improving Market Access for Farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Recent Research
19:30 - 23:00 Convivial dinner and open discussion about future cooperation
April 5, Friday
09:00-10:30 Session 1
Andrea Fracasso (UNITN): Globalization and Electoral Outcomes: Evidence from Italy.
Vincenzo Mollisi (UNIBZ): Do Incompetent Politicians Breed Populist Voters? Evidence from Italian Mayors.
Alexander Moradi (UNIBZ): Regional Market Integration and City Growth in East Africa: Local but no Regional Effects?
10:30-11:00 Coffee break
11:00-12:30 Session 2
- Sandro Casal (UNITN): The effect of reporting multiple private information outcomes on the inclination to cheat.
- Katharina Momsen (UIBK): When do people exploit moral wiggle room? An experimental analysis in a market setup.
- Eugenio Levi (UNIBZ): An experimental test of Keynes’s ‘animal spirits’.
13:30-15:00 Session 3
- Christopher Bindra (UIBK): Are two heads better than one? The effect of second opinions in an unregulated credence goods market - a natural field experiment.
- Juliana Bernhofer (UNIBZ): The Effect of the Language of Instruction on Academic Performance.
- Helena Fornwagner (UIBK): Attractiveness, self-esteem and competitive behavior.
15:00-15:30 Coffee Break
15:30-17:00 Session 4
- Matthias Stefan (UIBK): Delegated Decision Making in Finance.
- Lorena Maria D'agostino (UNITN): Trademarks and firm competitiveness: an empirical analysis of the world top R&D spending companies.
- Flavio Santi (UNITN): Economic models and the spacial transmission of growth among Alpine regions.
Matteo Ploner (Department of Economics and Management, University of Trento)
matteo.ploner [at] unitn.it