The seminar will take place on the Zoom platform. Participation is free. You can access the virtual room by a link that we will send you with the relative password after your on line registration, in the link Registration form. The registration will be closed on 28 May 2020 at 12.00 h.
Time: 10.00 – 13.30
Managing cultural diversities is one of the great challenges of all societies that – as in Italy - are still in the process of adapting to new conditions of pluralism. Coping with the presence of Islam appears to be, by itself, a challenge within the challenge. Austria – having since long experienced the need to host Islam within a multinational and multireligious polity – is proposing its own model for regulating the presence of Islam in society within an institutional setting. The meeting will contribute to a better knowledge and a critical understanding of the Austrian Islam Law adopted in 2015.
- Cinzia Piciocchi, Principal Investigator, University of Trento
- Kerstin Wonisch, Institute for Minority Rights, EURAC Research, Bolzano/Bozen
- Rossella Bottoni, University of Trento
- Davide Strazzari, University of Trento
- Roberto Toniatti, University of Trento