The event is postponed to 2021 due to coronavirus pandemic.
Please stay tuned for future updates.
Palazzo Prodi, via Tommaso Gar 14 - Trento
PALA (Processability Approaches to Language Acquisition) is an international symposium held yearly at different universities around the world.
The symposium focuses on research and developments related to processability approaches to language acquisition, particularly second language acquisition and bilingualism/multilingualism research, empirical issues and practical applications.
- Multilingual acquisition (including both standard and minority languages)
- The PT hierarchy
- Transfer and developmental stages
- Role of PT in learning and teaching
- Specific language impairment
The language of the symposium is English
- Manfred Pienemann, Paderborn University
- Gabriele Pallotti, University of Modena-Reggio Emilia
Call for papers - Deadlines and Submission
Abstrat submission: on hold
- Abstract submissions deadline: to be defined
- Selection: to be defined
- Notification of acceptance: to be defined
- Proposals for papers and posters should not have been previously published
- Each author may submit no more than one individual and one co-authored abstract.
- All submissions will be reviewed anonymously and evaluated in terms of originality, clarity, and significance of findings and conclusions.
Papers: 25 minutes (20 minutes for presentation, and 5 for discussion)
Posters: there will be a space for display and a certain amount of time for discussion
Submissions for Papers and Posters should include the following:
- Title of the paper, and abstract of 300 words (excluding references and title)
- Name and affiliation of the author(s)
- First author’s postal and e-mail addresses
- Please indicate whether your proposal is to be considered for a Paper, a Poster
- Participation to the conference is free, but it is mandatory to register
- The conference registration will open: on hold
- Everyone will be notified via email and you will find the link here: on hold
Daniele Artoni (Verona), Ermenegildo Bidese (Trento), Patrizia Cordin (Trento), Gianluca Cosentino (Trento), Marco Magnani (Trento), Adalgisa Mingati (Trento), Manuela Moroni (Trento), Elena Nuzzo (Roma Tre), Federica Ricci Garotti (Trento), Jacopo Saturno (Bergamo).
Accomodation - How to reach Trento
Hotels and Bed&Breakfast
To benefit of the special UniTrento rates, please follow this link to view the Hotel List
How to reach Trento
By car or coach:
- Strada Statale dell'Abetone e del Brennero SS12;
- Autostrada del Brennero - A22 motorway; coming by A22 is necessary take the Trento Sud exit (Trento centro is closed) and follow the SS12 direction Trento centro;
- Superstrada della Valsugana for those coming from Venice SS47;
- Strada Statale 45 bis (Gardesana Occidentale) for those coming from Brescia
Parking: you can find a map here
Two main lines reach Trento:
- the Brennero line (from Rome/Milano/etc. direction Bolzano/Austria)
- the Valsugana line (only from Venice to Trento). Link to the timetable
Buses: the town has an efficient urban travel system run by Trentino Trasporti spa. Extra urban buses are run by the same company (visit Trentino Trasporti spa website).
Taxis can be caught anywhere in town or booked by calling the number (+39) 0461 930002.
The Trentino Region has many interesting monuments scattered all around the territory: museums, castles and attractions. Visit www.visittrentino.it
To find out more about the town of Trento visit: www.comune.tn.it or www.discovertrento.it
Email: pala2020.lett [at] unitn.it
Past PALA symposia
- 2000 University of Western Sydney, Australia
- 2001 The Australian National University, Australia
- 2003 University of Western Sydney, Australia
- 2004 University of Sassari, Italy
- 2005 Deakin University, Australia
- 2006 University of Malta
- 2007 University of Newcastle, UK
- 2008 University of Verona, Italy
- 2009 Ludwigsburg University of Education, Germany
- 2010 University of Western Sydney, Australia
- 2011 University of Innsbruck, Austria
- 2012 Ghent University, Belgium
- 2013 University of Lund, Sweden
- 2014 University of Paderborn, Germany
- 2015 Høgskolen i Østfold, Norway
- 2016 Tokai University & Chuo University, Japan / Western Sydney University, Australia
- 2017 Ludwigsburg University, Germany
- 2018 University of Western Sydney, Australia / the Australian National University / Western Sydney University
- 2019 University of Iceland, Reykjavík