The IECS (former ICT) Doctoral School organizes the first edition of the PI Stories, a series of seminars aimed at providing the opportunity to the PhD students to learn the success stories of some of the most talented researchers in the world.
Each speaker will present a research project he/she led as a principal investigator. The presentation will cover the scientific scope of the project and the most important results the project achieved. The speakers will also share their own experience of turning a research idea into a successful project winning a competitive grant.
The events will take place online on Wednesdays from 10 February to 9 June 2021 at 1:30 - 2:30 pm.
All meetings are open to PhD Students, Undergraduate and Master students enrolled at DISI, as well as to people interested in the proposed topics.
Free participation upon registration online.
- 10 February 2021 - Marian Verhelst (Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven). "Selling your “high risk-high gain” project: A testimony from acquiring ERC and FET-Open funding". Register online
- 10 March 2021 - Laura Kovács (Vienna University of Technology). "ERC Consolidator Grant 2020 ARTIST: Automated Reasoning with Theories and Induction for Software Technologies". Register online
- 07 April 2021 - Manuel Mazo Espinosa (Delft Center for Systems and Control -DCSC). "Interdisciplinary approaches to the Scheduling of Event-triggered Networked Control Systems". Register online
- 05 May 2021 - Sara Bernardini (Royal Holloway University of London). "AI and Robotics for Extreme Environments". Register online
- 09 June 2021 - Xavier Alameda-Pineda (Université Grenoble-Alpes). "Towards socially intelligent robots: preliminary results of the H2020 SPRING and the ANR ML3RI projects". Register online
Stay tuned for more details!
iecs.school [at] unitn.it