New call for admission to the Intensive Workshop “ViC-CH Visual Culture and Cultural Heritage”
- Trento, Department of Sociology and Social Research, April 5-6 / May 10-11, 2019
- Trento, Department of Civil Environmental and Mechanical Engineering, May 31 - June 1st, 2019
ViC-CH is a project of the University of Trento (Department of Civil Environmental and Mechanical Engineering DICAM) and the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Faculty of Education), enabled in 2017-18 and also funded in the 2018-19 academic year by the “Euregio Mobility Fund”.
The “Tyrol - South Tyrol - Trentino” Europaregion offers 30 grants within the mobility project “ViC-CH Visual Culture and Cultural Heritage” that will take place in Trento in three different moments: April 5-6 and May 10-11 at Department of Sociology and Social Research, May 31 and June 1st at Department of Civil Environmental and Mechanical Engineering.
The grant allows the student to attend an intensive 6 days workshop devoted to image processing, drawing techniques and visual communication through free and open source software, for the knowledge and design of cultural heritage by means of graphic sciences, multimedia representation and digital environments.
The workshop consists of lectures for technical training, laboratory activities and field applications. Students learn to process digital images for the knowledge and enhancement of cultural heritage, as well as some techniques for its communication, with reference to a study case in Euregio territory. Lessons and exercises use free and open source software. They will be published in open access on the on-line educational platforms, already available on the university web sites.
The workshop has the goal of describing and applying the most qualified and common methods in the field of graphic sciences, digital representation and visual communication, as well as in the media, in order to enable participants to acquire basic knowledge for the design and implementation of digital images, through which the exchange between cultural heritage, digital culture and society can be established. The project crosses the different fields of scientific and humanistic knowledge, it meets the growing demand for an able to link theory with practice training, it focuses on methodological awareness as a fundamental tool for creating and spreading thought through image.
- Students enrolled at the University of Trento and the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano attending a Bachelor’s Degree, a Master’s Degree or a Doctoral Programme.
Number of available places
- 8 places for students of UniTrento.
- 15 places for students of UniBz
Deadline for application
- March 18, 2019
In order to apply for the Euregio mobility grant, you need to send the following documents
- a CV (European format) and the permit of stay or passport (for non-UE citizens only)
- a one-page motivation letter (English and mother language) explaining how the topics of the workshop are related to his/her study plan or interests
- a copy of the academic transcript with examination grades
To participate in the workshop you need to have a medium performance laptop.
Please send the application to this giovanna.massari [at] unitn.it (email)
For further information
prof. ssa Giovanna A. Massari
giovanna.massari [at] unitn.it