The Doctoral Programme in Information Engineering and Computer Science (IECS) organizes the second edition of the PI Stories, a series of seminars aimed at providing the opportunity for PhD students to learn the success stories of some of the most talented researchers in the world.
Each speaker will present a research project he/she led as a principal investigator. The presentation will cover the scientific scope of the project and the most important results that the project has achieved. The speakers will also share their own experiences of turning a research idea into a successful project winning a competitive grant.
The events will take place either online or in presence from March to October 2022 and will be held in English.
All meetings are open to PhD Students, Undergraduate and Master students enrolled at DISI, as well as to people interested in the proposed topics.
Free participation upon registration online.
- 14 March, 1-2 pm on Zoom: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship: getting it and getting through
by Paolo Aversa, Bayes Business School, University of London.
- 24 March, 11am-12pm: Methodologies for assessing the privacy risks and transparency of mobile applications
by Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez, IMDEA Networks Institute, Madrid.
- 14 April, 1-2 pm: Getting MSCA IF project "MCAPEFA" at the University of Trento
by Marko Barjaktarovic, University of Trento
- 11 May, 11am-12pm: Dos and don'ts of being a researcher: some lessons I've learned on the way
by Marco Baroni, ICREA, Pompeu Fabra University
- 30 May, 1-2 pm: Good practices learnt as a young PI
by Fabio Poiesi, Fondazione Bruno Kessler
- 6 June, 10-11 am: Adventures in geometric deep learning
by Emanuele Rodolà, Università La Sapienza
- 20 October, 1-2 pm: Reverse-engineering Drosophila action selection and movement control
by Pavan Ramdya, EPFL - Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
Stay tuned for more details!